New Year's resolution and things that have been happening
Monday 31 December 2012 @ 22:55
0 comments / + add comment



source: newhousedesign

Ever since A levels have ended, I have been putting off blogging/ tumblring/ doing things I have promised myself to do as a means of improvement (mentally of course) and have instead lazed around. But maybe its because of the part of me, albeit small, that have remained stereotypically asian when it comes to my achievements in life (and not the perpetual straight As, trust me), after a month or so of doing nothing productive, I have finally reached the stage where I can no longer enjoy doing nothing. You know the signs: restlessness, guilt, that voice telling you to get your ass off the couch and back to work.

So here I am, on the last day of 2012, getting my ass back to work.

This brings me to some things that have happened during my disappearance: I've turned 18, got through A levels, got accepted into a university overseas to study design next year, which I'm so so stoked about. And also deathly afraid.

Do not know about you but I have never managed to keep my New Year's resolution. But as a college student, things are finally happening so I need to start really pushing myself towards my dreams, yes? I'm putting my resolutions here, so you guys can tell me off, if I don't keep to it. Here goes:
  1. Do well enough in university to continue to the 2nd year of my bachelor degree
  2. Put more effort into this blog, make it into something worth reading. My tumblr as well
  3. Eat healthier
  4. Exercise more to look much fitter than the scrawny state I am at now
  5. Draw more (of course I would with my course in uni, but I really have to brush up, I actually suck now. Have it really been 6 years since I last properly sat down and drew?)
It's short yes, but if at the end of 2013 I managed to accomplish these, all 5 of it, I would be extremely pleased. Have a Happy New Year guys, 2013 shall be the best year yet.

Labels:




Comment(s):

Post a Comment